Work closely with
field representatives and member services representatives to underwrite all
risks for new and renewal business. Responsible for matching a premium to an
exposure in order to protect the Company and achieve an acceptable loss ratio.
underwrite a complex book of commercial business.
demonstrate high quality work and is capable of reviewing work of peers.
obtained a high level of knowledge of our markets.
participates in corporate and team goals and meetings and takes initiative
to drive positive change in the Company.
position includes the roles of a trainer, mentor, and coach.
Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Ensures proper rating for acceptable exposures for new and renewal business.
2. Provides quality customer service.
3. Effective documentation supporting conversations and decisions.
4. Timely decision making and action to meet Company guidelines and goals.
5. Attends and participates in appropriate meetings.
6. Consistently reviews workflows and makes suggestions for efficiency
7. Identifies accounts that meet reinsurance requirements.
8. Identifies and addresses appropriate risk management action.
9. Follows and meets performance expectations determined by the manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of commercial insurance
• Ability to use initiative and apply innovative thinking.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment
through written and oral communication.
• Ability to work independently to make critical decisions and analyze complex
• Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of all goals and objectives.
• Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
• Obtain and utilize sensitive information discreetly and objectively.
• Maintain records; prepare reports/correspondence related to the work.
• Read, interpret, and input data efficiently and accurately.
• Determine when to escalate concerns to the appropriate level of management.
• Utilize computer and related software effectively.
degree with a business discipline or closely related field.
completion of AU or API designation.
responsible experience in insurance.
or CIC designation.
Progressively responsible experience in insurance and