Senior Financial Analyst/Manager of FP&A
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, you’ll be responsible for regular KPI analysis, forecasting, planning, risk based capital analysis and rating agency work. This is a deep dive role into the business unit/segments and through your analysis, you'll help the executive team make good business decisions on a real time basis.
The title of this role can be either a Senior Financial Analyst or Manager of FP&A but initially, the scope of the role would be more individual contributor/project management. There is certainly an opportunity to step into a role managing the rest of the team since the Director of FP&A needs a right hand. A strong FP&A skill set backed up with risk based capital experience, a CFA/MBA/CPA and Life Insurance industry experience would be great, but the most important quality would be a strong FP&A acumen. Compensation is open but gravitating to the $100,000 range on the fixed plus a bonus on top of this.
This role will work closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Leader to analyze the financial performance of the business and maintain forecasts of expected results. We are seeking a driven, self-starter with a solid understanding of finance and accounting. Communication skills are highly important, as well as the ability to problem solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Coordinate development of monthly forecasts, budgets and annual financial plan processes
- Analyze financial performance and communicate results to senior leadership
- Develop management reports and presentations to monitor key metrics
- Assist with various finance system implementations
- Build integrated financial statement models for scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Assist with M&A activities including due diligence, valuation, and post-close integration
- Coordinate expense analysis
- Assist FP&A Leader with presentations and analysis for Rating Agencies and other external parties
- Three or more years of relevant finance experience, preferably in insurance or financial services
- BA / BS in Finance, Accounting, or related degree
- Solid technology skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and financial modeling skills
- Excellent communication, partnering, presentation and influencing skills
- Successful track record of managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- Ability to dig deep into detail while retaining a broad view of the strategy
- Collaborative approach based on the ability to listen and value others’ opinions