Chief Claims Officer
General Search & Recruitement
Chief Claim Officer
Join a dynamic and forward-thinking Insurance Company at the forefront of industry innovation. Our client is seeking an experienced and strategic leader to shape the future of our claims department as the Chief Claim Officer. This executive role offers the opportunity to drive effective strategies, ensure exceptional customer service, and maintain profitability while adhering to industry regulations.
As the Chief Claim Officer, you will assume overall executive management responsibility for providing strategic leadership and oversight to the claims department. This pivotal role involves developing and implementing effective claims strategies, managing a team of claims professionals, and ensuring outstanding customer service, all while maintaining profitability and regulatory compliance.
- Determine claims strategy in response to economic and market dynamics, implementing policy and procedure changes as needed.
- Oversee and directly handle high exposure complex litigation management, identifying and working with defense counsel, ensuring the best defense for policyholders, and managing high-exposure claims and litigation.
- Plan and develop the annual expense budget, ensuring adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Manage Claims Department staffing levels, analyze talent, and develop employee knowledge, skills, and abilities, while communicating performance standards.
- Four-year degree, MBA, or CPCU preferred. JD is a plus.
- 15+ years of advanced multiline complex commercial claims leadership experience, preferably in the Chief Claims Officer role or as a direct-reporting subordinate to the CCO in a larger company.
- Knowledge of oil and gas or construction industries highly preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of all functional aspects of an insurance company and third-party administrator.
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance and legal systems, as well as contractual risk transfer.
- Comprehensive knowledge of litigation management, the litigation environment, tactics, and strategy.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
If you are a seasoned claims professional with the expertise and leadership skills to thrive in a dynamic environment, we invite you to apply. Submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org.