Commercial Lines Vice President of Underwriting
Recognized and profitable Property and Casualty Insurance company is seeking a Vice President of Commercial Lines Underwriting for their Honolulu operation.
You will have multiple office responsibilities which include management of a staff of 15.
You will have the opportunity to manage and direct the underwriting, loss control, premium audit and reinsurance departments.
- Development and execution of underwriting strategies
- Mentoring, coaching and management of underwriting, premium audit, loss control and reinsurance teams
- Evaluation of products and product differentiation, including underwriting ratios, income metrics and pricing metrics
- Build and enhance broker relationships
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in commercial insurance underwriting and management.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an underwriting management role, preferably at the regional and/or home office level
- 4 year college degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Professional insurance designations such as CPCU, CIC, ARM are preferred
- Proven track record for developing and maintaining agency/broker relationships