Director, Ancillary Products Business Development
New York, NY
(Remote Options Available)
The Director of Ancillary Products Business Development is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key agencies and firms, their centers of excellence for ancillary products Plan executives, and decision-makers, with the dual objectives of introducing our existing line of solutions as well as determining future needs and alternative distribution channels in order to help brokers and Plan partners improve their competitive advantage.
You will focus on developing a pipeline of business associated with limited benefit, critical illness (CI), hospital indemnity (HI), and other ancillary products.
This is a sales position responsible for creating new opportunities and producing new revenue with our distribution and partners.?
This position will report to the Assistant Vice President, Business Development.
• Works in a team and is responsible for achieving the company’s sales forecast. Partners with Account Executives and AVP, on growth opportunities.
• Keeps track of market intelligence in the industry with respect to market development, projects, competitive activity, customers, etc.
• Develop long term profitable relationships with new Plans.
• Identify new distributions channels for existing client solutions.
• Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
• Supports Account Executives to ensure client administrative functions (claims, contracting, billing, and auditing) are functioning optimally to exceed customer expectations, support Account Executives on renewals of transitioned blocks of business.
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
• Life and health insurance license required
• Property and casualty license preferred
• At least 15 years of experience in sales in a prospecting or business development role preferred
• Demonstrated history of exceeding sales goals and building strong relationships with customers required
• Experience selling to large accounts required
• Familiarity with Miller Heiman LAMP methodology preferred
• Travels 30-40% nationwide