Fleet Safety & Risk Manager
Fleet Safety & Risk Manager
Do you want to be on the ground floor of a start-up transportation insurance company and Managing General Agency?
Do you do your best work remotely?
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
This Client and their insurance company is a Risk Retention Group, is an A rated carrier. They are making life easier for on owner/operator partners. Delivering best-in-class risk management and compliance to help get our drivers back home at the end of every trip.
As a key member of our risk management team, the Fleet Risk Manager will be responsible for building out our DOT Compliance, Fleet Safety, and Maintenance offering for our insured owner-operators of the Client Company.
The Fleet Risk & Safety Manager will develop a risk management program with the goal of reducing the frequency of accidents, improving DOT Compliance, and adding value to our insureds.
Fleet Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure day-in and day-out there is no question as to the value our retail agents and insureds receive from Client Company.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each insured - their fleet needs, safety goals, and compliance programs.
- Consistently think beyond the obvious where it relates to your clients. Routinely uncover opportunities that allow clients to continue to optimize their fleet. Communicate these opportunities in a way that aligns with their business needs and that clearly state the value/benefit to all levels within your client’s organization.
- Proactively analyze fleet data coming from telematics and cameras to provide recommendations that support their business objectives
- You will lead the continual collaboration with Underwriting, Retail Agent, and Executive Advocates (as assigned) to maintain and regularly review the DOT compliance, fleet safety, and maintenance programs for each client.
- On-going knowledge development is a must for this position – the ability to continually expand and develop your professional skills and knowledge, industry knowledge, client knowledge, as well as organizational and product knowledge. The innate desire to continually challenge yourself to go beyond the expected for your clients – strive for excellence.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work with our insureds on best practices to ensure that all drivers act in a safe, courteous, and professional manner.
- Work with our insureds on best practices to reduce accidents and ensure safety
- Work with our insureds on best practices for recruitment, hiring, onboarding (act as designated authorized representative for in-person I-9 verification), training, performance, corrective action, and termination processes for all drivers in the assigned location. Coach drivers for success (referencing necessary reports).
- Conduct a minimum of 2 surveys of each insured annually, document and provide feedback to underwriting and leadership.
- Travel outside of the assigned area (if needed) to support other Driver Managers, provide and attend training (overnight travel may be required).
- Work with our insureds on best practices to ensure truck parking areas for delivery equipment is clean, secure, and accessible.
- Work with our insureds on best practices to ensure location scales are in good operational condition (calibrated, supported, and secured to the pad).
- Work with our insureds on best practices to maintain Driver Safety, and update it as needed.
- Work with our insureds on best practices to ensure they schedule/manage /coordinate (with outside vendors if needed) any necessary repairs and preventative maintenance needed.
- Work with our insureds on best practices to manage and maintain all correlating documentation and accurately record preventative maintenance services
- Develop virtual training aides for our insureds on compliance, fleet safety, driver safety, and maintenance programs.
Fleet Safety & Risk Manager Requirements:
- Valid Class A CDL and Medical DOT Certificate preferred (not required).
- 3+ years’ experience working in the transportation/fleet management field preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FMCSA and DOT regulations.
- Comprehensive understanding of using Electronic Logging Devices (ELD's), Paper Logs, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Telematics, and Drive Camera Systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and build positive working relationships with others.
- Ability to discern what issues need to be brought to upper management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep records.
- Strong Microsoft product computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Fleet Safety & Risk Manager Benefits
- 100% company paid single Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.
- Medical Dental and Vision single and family coverages available
- Employee and Family supplemental life insurance options
- Paid time off