Senior Ceded Reinsurance Analyst
You will be involved in program creation/placement, brokerage, client servicing, actuarial analysis and underwriting. You will work with Reinsurance Brokers as well as our internal brokers, underwriters and actuaries to put together submission packets, manage questions from markets and work with our internal teams to make sure we are sharing consistent information with our reinsurers. You will be able to think outside the box. You will not only be self-directed and motivated to learn the job, but also continually seek out better ways of getting the job done.
- In this role you will communicate with brokers/agents, customers and internal departments such as Actuarial, Claims, Underwriting, Finance and Operations.
- Understand multiple program structures and how to analyze exposure and loss data.
- Put submission/renewal packages together, as well as receive and respond to calls/requests concerning problems, delays, discrepancies, etc. and provide resolutions so that all parties are satisfied.
- Serve as the main point of contact with intermediaries and reinsurers on reinsurance analysis, coverage questions, etc.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Complete multiple tasks for various programs at the same time with a sense of urgency.
- Marketing preparation and presentation.
- The ability to interact and develop relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of pricing models, insurance policies and reinsurance contracts for property/casualty (or otherwise agreed) lines of business.
- Solid knowledge of primary and/or reinsurance underwriting process and coverage along with knowledge of captives & reinsurance program structures.
- Proficient computer knowledge including, but not limited to, all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- A broad knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures related to field/area of work, typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and at least 5 years of job-related experience in commercial lines insurance/reinsurance.
- You will have a demonstrated history of effective negotiating skills.
- Ability to be flexible, analytical, a self-starter in fast paced environment with a customer focused attitude.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize and effectively meet deadlines for multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong teamwork skills and display professional demeanor encompassing company’s vision and values.
- Ability to create an open and transparent environment in which diverse experience, skill sets, and individuals can team together to drive optimal outcomes.
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility.
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion.
- Actively listens to others to ensure understanding of issues.
- Business Travel, as required.