Do you want to be on the ground floor of a start-up transportation insurance company and managing general agency? Do you do your best work remotely? Are you ready for the next step in your career?
As a key member of our underwriting team, the Transportation Underwriter will take a key role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of this client company. The Transportation Underwriter will develop their own book of business with goals attached to profitability, retention, and growth.
- Develops book of business with individual production goals and is measured on new business production, renewal retention, and profitability
- Develops relationships and has frequent contact with retail agents and carrier partners
- Find ways to solve problems. Identify blind spots.
- Be involved with TPAs, Risk Management, reinsurers, and key accounts.
- Help shape & develop distribution.
- Collaborate with executive leadership on technology platform development to include rate, quote, bind, and policy life cycle systems relative to the transportation business.
- Provide direction and training to staff, to develop both profitable transportation business volume and adequate flow of submissions.
- Assist in developing company strategy by promoting company culture and vision
- Measure and track performance to achieve strategic goals.
- Identifies and documents business problems and inefficient applications and recommends alternative solutions.
- 5 years of Transportation Underwriting profitable experience within these accounts: owner operator and small fleet in long haul trucking.
- Must be able to work remotely and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ideally, coming out of an MGA , smaller carrier, captive, risk retention group, or a division of a larger carrier.
- Experience developing products and/or distribution.
- Experience writing transportation in Texas is helpful.
- Demonstrated depth in negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- Ability to manage complex workload while exhibiting sound judgment effectively and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- Employer paid continuing education and designation